Thursday 18 July 2013

Shopping Haul

Ahhhh, coffee <3
Today was fairly busy. I took this kids to the library this morning for the final day of their school holiday program. It was game show day, everyone got split up into roughly equal groups and took turns answering questions in different categories like charades, pictionary and multiple choice. The loved it and did really well. The whole program has been awesome, they looked forward to going every time and thoroughly enjoyed the activities. They were really bummed that today was the final day, but they got prizes for their participation so that helped soften the blow. I really  hope the library will have something similar next school holidays.



Buy ALL THE THINGS!
After the library we went to Spotlight to look for fabric and a cheap sewing machine. Unfortunately it wasn't the world's most successful trip, they'd sold out of all of their $98 sewing machines, and the fabric I wanted to buy only had 1.3m left on the roll. I did put in an order on their website though for the sewing machine, so I'm hoping there's still stock available to send out to me from wherever its stored.

I then met up with my best friend to do a spot more shopping and this was MUCH more successful! I managed to find a bunch of cheap little things that I loved. I bought two dresses, two pairs of tights, a little cardigan, a pair of shoes, 4 eye shadows, a lipgloss and a nail polish corrector pen, and all for less than $100. Quite a bit less in fact, without bothering to look at the receipts, I'm pretty sure the total came to around $80. I absolutely love the little bird dress and the cardigan. Can't wait to wear them with the new shoes!





You also may notice, buried in amongst my new treasures, the Doctor Who Encyclopedia! My best friend saw this for me the other day and knew I'd love it so she picked it up for me and gave it to me when I saw her today. Its freaking amazing. It has loads of entries with information about the people, places and plots of Doctor Who. I freaking love it and can't wait to read the whole thing.

I really do love me some Who



2 comments:

  1. I really want to get into Doctor Who. I've been saying that for over a year now. I just don't know how to start. Do I watch those really old episodes first? Or isn't there a new version of it or something???

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started with the revamped Doctor Who that was released in 2005. I haven't watched any of the old 60's-80's Who and I really don't think any prior knowledge is necessary.
      Having said that, I've become somewhat obsessed with the show and have been meaning to go back and watch the old ones anyway just for interest's sake, but I haven't gotten around to it yet!
      Really if you're into sci-fi at all I think Doctor Who is worth a watch. It has become one of my all time favourite shows! :)

      Delete

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)