Sunday 4 August 2013

Old Toys

Yesterday I went out with my best friend. After we went back to her place and I helped her sort through her childhood stuffed toys. She has some on display around her bedroom, but a vast majority are stored in big plastic bags waiting for some time in the distant future when she has space to display them and/or a child of her own to play with them.

Toys around her room

Okay so she has a fair few stuffed toys. But she has four times that stashed away in storage! And every once in awhile she likes to go through her stored ones to sort them out and get rid of anything she's decided she doesn't want. Last night became one of those times and we spent several hours sorting through her old toys.

The sorting pile

It took the better part of five hours to sort it all out. This time she bagged them by category so it would make her life easier in the future. She got rid of one big bag's worth, but still had four or five bags to go back into her closet by the time we were done. One bag contained nothing but stuffed bunny rabbits. Her mum buys her one every easter!

I actually love helping her out, I just wish I could do more, but at the end of the day she has to make all the decisions as to what to keep and what to give away, so I can't contribute much to that process. Its loads of fun because my parents didn't keep any of my childhood toys so its the closest I can get to the nostalgia of going through my own old things. I wish I'd taken more photos last night so I could show you my favourite things in her collection. But she has a few things that I had and loved as a little kid.

Speaking of collections, I should share my collection of My Little Pony toys. I'll find my pictures and include them in a future entry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)