Monday 28 October 2013

Work Experience and Weekends

Friday I had my first day of work placement which is being done at a school library. It was super busy but really fun. I did a lot of administrative stuff, updating spreadsheets and catalogue entries primarily, but it was really enjoyable for me. I'm looking forward to continuing, particularly when I get the opportunity to sit in on some of the librarian's classes, which should happen in the coming weeks.

The weekend was pretty quiet. I went out for dinner on Saturday and positively gorged myself. The food was really good though. I've been trying very hard to improve my eating habits and lose weight, and I've been doing pretty well I think, so I decided to splash out on a cheeseburger and had some mudcake for dessert. It was delicious and a well-deserved treat I think.

This week I don't have classes because my lecturer is interstate attending a conference, but I have a practical assessment I need to attend tomorrow doing some cataloguing activities at the library in the city. I'm hoping to spend the week getting caught up on assignments. We've had a pretty big workload this term and I've just barely been keeping my head above water so hopefully when we go back to class next week I'll be on top of everything... hopefully.

I've been feeling a little despairing lately because the cost of real estate up here, whether to rent or buy, is just astronomical. It feels like I'm never going to be able to get ahead. I guess I'll just carry on doing what I'm doing and hope for the best. With any luck the feeling won't linger too long as it isn't particularly pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)