Saturday 25 January 2014

Dawn

I'm really NOT a morning person... at all. Getting me to wake up early is akin to drawing blood from a stone, except with more grumpiness. However every now and then I end up neglecting sleep entirely and staying up all night. I kind of love those nights because when morning comes I can actually appreciate the sights and sounds that make it such a cool time of day. This morning I happened to be in my living room reading when the sun started creeping up over the horizon. I had quite a nice view toward the sunrise from my balcony, and decided to take a few photos of it as well as the birds that were hanging around nearby and the general outlook over the neighbourhood. My suburb is brand new and still developing so there's a lot of empty lots and open space, also a lot of mud and construction equipment, but I think its beautiful all the same.



I'm not sure what kind of bird that is in the top right, some kind of kingfisher or something? There are loads of corellas that hang about but they were all either slightly too far away or moved too much, and some rainbow lorikeets which were far too quick, so I didn't get any good pictures of them unfortunately. Maybe some other day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)