Tuesday 28 January 2014

Decor

Since we moved into this house I've been trying to do everything I can to perfect my bedroom. Its a small space but I think I've done a pretty good job of decorating it so far, though there's still a lot more I want to do! I realised that its been a long time since I had my own space to decorate however I pleased, I've always been sharing with someone or had constraints of existing furniture and paint jobs to work around. This room was a blank canvas and I've really been enjoying putting my mark on it. However budgetary constraints mean that for all the window shopping I do, I can't purchase most of the things I'd like to. I recently bought a couple of canvas prints on sale from Typo, but they have about a million other things I'd like to get. I've never really had pictures hanging on walls but I'm really into the idea of buying several and making a big collage on one wall.
I made a set on Polyvore of some of the things on my wishlist, but for some reason its just displaying a bunch of broken images when I share it on here as I normally would, so instead I'll post the image with a link to the page if you'd like more information about the items.

Collage available here <http://www.polyvore.com/typo_decor/set?id=111337563>

The kiddlings went back to school today. They've been on school holidays as long as we've been in this house so the quiet of a child-free home was something new! I don't have terribly long to bask in the peace though, as my own classes will be starting again in less than 2 weeks now. I still have to go into the uni to sort out which units I'll be enrolling in and all that jazz, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I'm looking forward to resuming study, but I'm also a little nervous because I'm onto the diploma level classes now which are harder and have a much higher workload or so I've been told. Hopefully I can keep up without falling on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)