Thursday 20 February 2014

Strictly the Necessities

The other night I had a sudden desperate urge to watch Roman Holiday, which I didn't have on DVD! I decided it was absolutely imperative to go out the next day to buy it. And buy it I did! Along with several other things I decided were essential to my life at that point.

Shopping haul!

I bought an Audrey Hepburn box set on sale and a Marilyn Monroe set that was also reduced. Fourteen movies between the two sets, loads of special features, plus a disc dedicated to Audrey's influence on the fashion world. Woot!!!



I also found this brand of makeup I'd never heard of, W7. All of their products were $5 each at the pharmacy, AND they had an offer where you get a free eyeliner pencil with any purchase over $15. So I bought two eyeshadow palettes in natural shades (one with lots of shimmer and the "Naked Nudes" pallete with less), and an eyebrow pencil in a blondey-brown shade. I got a free black eyeliner with my purchase, which I honestly probably won't even use, I rarely use pencil or crayon, but hey, it was free! Also pictured here is an Essence brand nail polish which I bought at Target. Such a pretty colour, I don't think the photo does it justice. I'm such a huge fan of Essence. Their products are consistently quite good and so cheap!


By the time I got around to photographing the eyeliners and eyebrow pencil, Ava was pretty ready for me to move my crap and get the hell out of (what she suddenly decided was) her spot, so I forgot to include close up shots of the two pencils. They're pretty stock standard pencils though, so you're not really missing out on anything special.


So, AWESOME shopping trip for me! I've spent the week watching childhood favourites and becoming acquainted with a few that I hadn't previously seen. I've been watching a lot of them with my kids too, hopefully I can spread the love on to the next generation. Both sets were definitely worthwhile purchases!

How about you, have you had any great purchases lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)